Establishment of marital property separation

In their marriage the spouses may establish a regime other than that provided for by the law upon entering into the marriage (other than the statutory joint marital property). The spouses may decide that each spouse should keep both the property acquired before the conclusion of the agreement and the property acquired later and manage the property independently. For this purpose, it is necessary to conclude an agreement on marital property, i.e. property separation agreement in the form of a notarial deed. The above agreement may also be concluded before entering into a marriage.

Required information:

  • particulars of the spouses or spouses-to-be: first name, surname, parents’ first names, identity card’s series, number and validity date, Polish Resident Identification Number (PESEL), residence address.

Required documents:

  • ID card or passport (if the property agreement is concluded before entering into marriage),

  • ID card or passport and an abridged copy of marriage certificate (if the property agreement is concluded after entering into marriage).


1. Each time the notarial fee is determined individually.

The maximum rates are provided for in the Regulation of the Minister of Justice of June 28, 2004 on the maximum rates of notarial fees.

2. Notarial fee for excerpts amounts to PLN 6 net (PLN 7.38 gross) for each started page.